Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

It's the Little Things

I work at a very small, never very busy coffee shop/bakery.
It's how I get to see the sunrise every morning. 
It's how I get to drink free coffee. 
It's how I'm increasing my domestic points daily (post on domestic points is now in order...coming soon!)

I've never been a baker.  I can make some decent cookies, and boxed brownies are hard to mess up (though Michelle has successfully done so).  But my skills were limited.  Since working at The Cazual Cup, I've begun baking much more!
The cupcakes I applauded.


Here's some small milestones I've celebrated.
  • When my first bundt cake came cleanly out of the pan, I may have danced.
  • When my frosting and cupcakes turned out so perfectly-I may have applauded myself.
  • When my scones were just the right consistency, I perhaps did a victory lap in the kitchen.
Truth is, it actually brings me a lot of joy when something I'm baking turns out like it's supposed to!  And no one is every here to celebrate with me!  So I'm celebrating by putting it in a blog that no one reads! 

Someday perhaps I'll post recipes for my favorite things!  But not this day! (read in voice of Aragon from LOTR if you wish). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment