Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympics...nuff said.

Every time the Olympics come around, I look forward to them more and more.  This year is no exception.  I'm still a bit hungover on the excitement of Michael Phelps incredible Beijing performance...it held me over for 4 years.  Now they're in London...one of my most favorite places on earth.  Here are most of my thoughts (since I tend to clutter twitter).  I figure I'll just post them here. :)


  • The time and ingenuity that goes into planning the Opening Ceremonies astounds me.  That and the sheer manpower of volunteers and performers and resources.  I don't care if it's long...and maybe a little boring...the talent behind it is still insane.
  • I love hearing them say Omaha, in reference to the swim trials held in my hometown, during the Olympics. :)  I'm a proud Nebraskan, it's true.
  • My couch is going to have a very defined imprint of my butt, as I sit in the same place for approximately 8 hours through the afternoon/evening.
  • I'm thankful to have a job where I can have the Olympics on while working in the mornings.
  • Gymnastics amazes me.  I can sit there and watch with my mouth wide open in amazement.  Sure they make some mistakes, but they're sure a heck of a lot better than I ever could be!  
  • I teared up when the Fab 5 won the gymanstics team Gold medal.
  • David Boudia is my new favorite diver.  Christian athletes go a long way in my book, and he represents well.  Gabby in gymnastics is also representing. :)
  • Michael Phelps is extraordinary.  Regardless of the fact that he hit his prime last year, and is just not as perfect this year...regardless of the pot-smoking incident...that man is an athlete.  No doubt. Hands down.
  • I can't imagine representing a country that only sends 2 or 3 athletes to the Olympics.  What an honor and what a responsibility!  They must be so proud of their accomplishments, regardless of the outcome!
  • Kerri Walsh-Jennings' abs are ridiculous.  
  • I don't understand why McDonald's is the official restaurant of the Olympics...and their commercial is deceptive.  Half of those kids/adults can't even afford McDonalds, if they happen to have one within walking distance!  

That's all for now.  It's only day 4 of the Games...
GO TEAM USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment