Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Creative Genius

I like to be creative.
I find that Pinterest really inspires me to be more so.  I might be addicted to Pinterest.  I'm not ashamed.  I've made a lot of stuff that I saw on Pinterest, and have a lot more stuff to try! 

However, I have recently done two things that I didn't actually even find on Pinterest, and thought I'd share...and then add them to Pinterest officially. :)

1. Vintage Suitcase as DVD storage.
I got this excellent suitcase from my grandparents house.  I can't imagine the places this thing has been, and fell in love with it immediately.  What was I supposed to do with it once I got it home? Certainly not just shove a beauty like this in a closet.  That's when the idea of storing my DVD's entered my mind.  It works perfectly, and adds a bit more charm to our living room! :)



2. Light Boxes.  While sitting in church a while back, I had this idea of a way to spruce up the stage in the sanctuary a bit.  So I set to work, bought my very first drill, and spent a lot of time at Home Depot buying wood, measuring wood, cutting wood, drilling holes, and putting them together.  After a couple coats of black paint, and SEVERAL yards of quilting backing from Hobby Lobby, they were ready to be fancy.  Thankfully, Hobby Lobby also has Christmas lights available mid August.  They make a beautiful, fun background for the stage.  Thanks Jeff for letting me be creative on your budget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment