Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Life is a book

I can't get over the "life is a book" metaphor.
Another chapter is coming to a close.
I kinda got to peek at the next chapter.

Since returning from the World Race I've been working parttime at the church I helped with before leaving.  I love the church.  I love the ministry.  I love the students.  I love it so much that when I knew my salary would be ending in June, I requested being kept on through July so I didn't have to find a job and decide between the new job and going on the 3 weeks of youth trips.  I got to lead a trip to Honduras, which will forever be one of my favorite memories, seeing those kid's lives impacted by that experience.  CIY and JH Camp filled the other two weeks, and I got to see High School and Junior High students make decisions to be more real in their faith.  It's been a great time, and yet the end of July has crept up on me.
My last day in the office is Monday.  My last Sunday is the 29th.
The high school students I took to Honduras!


Sure, I'll still be involved.  And I'm kind of excited to have the freedom to worship at another church if I feel like it, but Wildewood has a piece of my heart...so I won't just drop it all. :)

The next chapter involves me working full time as a manager at a small locally owned coffeeshop/bakery called The Cazual Cup.  As I want to someday open my own coffee shop, this is such a blessing from God in that I'll gain so much experience in how a coffeeshop is operated on a daily basis-the good and the bad.  I anticipate that I will learn a lot, and am so thankful for the opportunity I've been given.  I'd anticipate that this chapter (like the last 2) will last about a year, possibly more.  My life chapters seem to often be timed like that...perhaps it's a character flaw...perhaps it's God's design.

As I was pondering the close of one chapter and the beginning of the next, I find myself praising a God who has written the book, and knows what's beyond the next page, even when I'm left in suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment