Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Snow Day(s)

I like to make the most out of undesirable circumstances.

I call a forecasted 8-12 inches of snow undesirable.  But that is what it is looking like Winter Storm Q (That's the best they could do for that letter?) is going to bring Omaha on Thursday into Friday.  And so I've put on my positive pants and am attempting to avoid the doom of another snowmaggedon.
Christmas 2009 Snow
I started by designating Thursday and Friday as "snow days."  This is easily done, as I'm still unemployed and have no commitments either day.  For two days (as if I don't do this already), sweatpants will be dress code, sleeping in is priority, and going outside is prohibited (except to stay on top of shoveling my car).
 

Cinnamon rolls will be made.  Potato bacon soup with homemade rolls, Roast with potatoes, and lots of popcorn are all on the menu.  Snickerdoodles are also an imminent possibility.

So we don't gain 20 pounds, workouts will be provided by Tony Little on VHS.

The movie options range from an Oceans or X-Men trilogy to a Denzel Washington marathon to downright sappy chick flicks.  There's a slight chance of Boy Meets World scattered throughout the days as well.  

And what snow day would be complete without a puzzle (or two) and a roaring fire warming up the room. 

So bring on the snow, Winter Storm Q.  Just keep the electricity on, please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment